Because the fascination with Karl Lagerfeld's cat Choupette needs as much attention as the pampered kitten herself, the Kaiser revealed a little more about her in an interview with Harper's Bazaar.
Choupette's two maids — who obsessively catalog her every move — the Chanel bag named for her, and her penchant for eating food at the table are by now common knowledge. But what the world didn't know until today is where Choupette's dishes come from and what kind of toys she favors. Those tidbits and more below.
On her general temperament: "She has an attitude like a princess."
On her eating habits: "She goes in the kitchen and sits in front of the food. She doesn't like to eat on the floor, so I have to put the food on the table. Her dishes are by Goyard. She has one for water, one for her little croquette, and one for her paté. You have to serve everything, and she makes a choice."
On her toys: "She likes strange toys, toys that aren't supposed to be toys. She plays with pieces of wood, pieces of paper, shopping bags. She loves shopping bags . . . her favorite one is a huge Colette shopping bag that's under the kitchen table. She spends hours in there and brings all her toys in there. And when I'm in bed, sometimes she comes and brings all her toys in my bed."
On whether Choupette meows or purrs: "No, no, no — everything is done with the eyes. She knows exactly what she wants."
Those stories and more here, in our daily report.
- Rihanna may look super svelte on the cover of Harper's Bazaar's August 2012 issue, but she says she misses a certain, ahem, asset. "I miss my ass. It just went away! I need a butt. I have an idea of one, but it's not living up to its full potential right now," the newly size-zero singer says. The issue hits newsstands July 17. [Fashionologie Inbox]
- Karl Lagerfeld's latest muse Choupette already has a bag named after her — and soon she'll make her modeling debut as well. The kitten will appear alongside Laetitia Casta in an upcoming issue of V. [Fashionista]
- Speaking of muses, Arizona Muse stars with actor Caleb Landry in G-Star's Fall 2012 campaign. Photographer Anton Corbijn shot the duo in the frosty heights of the French Alps. [Style.com]
- Eco maven Livia Firth has designed a sustainably conscious capsule collection. The five-piece assortment will be available on her Yooxygen-powered site Eco-Age.com and comprises an organic wool dress, a hand-embroidered pashmina, a hand-crafted necklace, and two cloche hats. [Telegraph UK]
- In other partnership news, Leandra Medine has teamed with French brand Maje to design and install an exclusive window display for the brand's New York SoHo boutique. The creation will debut July 17. [Fashionologie Inbox]
- Last time it was tennis; now it's swimming. In the latest video campaign for her line Under.Me, Bar Refaeli shows off a new batch of cotton tees and thongs whilst taking a nice leisurely dip — and wearing black-rimmed reading glasses. [Modelinia]