If you glimpsed Giorgio Armani's Spring Couture, you might just have one first thought: he's going green — literally. Initial reactions aside, the palette gives way to a range of vibrant hues that encompass every shade of green. But if you lose yourself in the color, you lose sight of the whole collection, how it marries both the sporty, streamlined menswear in shinning gray tones and the decadent eveningwear that's made Armani a favorite dresser among the Hollywood crowd. The collection doesn't cater definitively to either persona; it gives us both the modern suiting in a glossy, slick finish, then carries over that same contemporary confidence topping a sequined floor-length gown with a jacket tossed effortlessly across the shoulders.
- Trends: Pantsuits, texture, sequins.
- Colors: Every shade of green, citrus, slick gray, liquid silver, and black.
- Key Look: The liquid-silver strapless gown with the embellished jacket tossed nonchalantly over the top.
- Accessories: Swirl-shaped fascinators, handheld clutches, elbow-length gloves.
- Who Would Wear It: Awards-show A-listers; Cate Blanchett would rock this suiting.