Michelle Williams attended the My Week With Marilyn Tokyo press conference looking pretty in pink Valentino. Tempering the vibrant hue with nude platform pumps, Michelle manages to look feminine without emoting an overtly girlie feel. The trick? Her fitted sheath dress is modern, yet minimal, which she further translates with just a dab of lipstick and no jewelry. We love her chic take on pink, and if you do, too, shop our selection of pretty pink dresses below.
The babydoll dress is back and quite possibly, better than ever. We remember wearing these swingy dresses back in the '90s with our grunge boots, but this time around, designers like Louis Vuitton, Yves Saint Laurent, and Alexander McQueen revised the feminine silhouette with new embellishments, prints, and for the extra-femme girl, layers of feathers and tulle. This Spring, we're looking to translate the look into our daily routine via sweet leopard prints, bright colors, and even a whimsical option. Ready to shop? Check out the slideshow to see 14 amazing babydoll options for Spring, and why we love them.
In just a few short weeks, you'll be able to shop Club Monaco's casual cool collection online with the launch of its new ecommerce site on March 26. We couldn't be more excited since before, only a few of its pieces were available for purchase online at ShopBop. In addition to carrying the full assortment of clothes and accessories, Club Monaco's new ecommerce site will also feature web-exclusive pieces, new editorial content, shoes from its collaboration with Rachel Comey, and for a limited time only, free shipping and returns until the end of April. Insider tip: if you become a fan of Club Monaco's Facebook page, you'll get special early access to shop the site on March 23. Excited? We are. Check out Club Monaco's latest collection, and get ready to start shopping.
Yours jewels make just as much of an impact as your clothes, so today we're looking to refresh the way we wear our bits and baubles. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to go out and buy new jewels, it's more about revitalizing and coming up with new styling tricks. To prove that point, we're showing you five genius mix and match jewelry combos for you to try out, stat. First off, we're jumping on Spring's pastels trend: intertwine a stack of pastel bracelets, like these gorgeous confections from Eddie Borgo, with silver accompaniments for a pretty, yet sleek look. Want to see four more fun ways to mix 'n' match your jewelry? Just click the slideshow to see and shop our stellar looks.
With fans like Zoe Saldana, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Miranda Kerr sporting his sexy designs on the red carpet, it's no wonder that Nicholas Kirkwood has risen to shoe stardom. Pictures of his latest Fall 2012 collection just released, showing a range of extreme high heels and quirky leather flats inspired by Paris in the '20s. Platform heels highlighted colorful reptilian prints, sandals received the sequined Midas touch, while whimsical flats provided a comfy option for those kick-back days. There were also a few neotribal strappy sandals perfect for wearing with Spring and Fall's sporty trend. Check out our favorite looks below, then click the slideshow to see the rest of Nicholas Kirkwood's Fall 2012 shoe collection.
Fab's top three picks:
- These tribal-inspired sandals are the perfect mix of sexy and sleek. We love the striking cobalt blue hue.
- These raspberry cutout booties are adorable. How cute would they look with a pretty midi skirt or denim cutoffs?
- We can't get enough of these floral slingbacks. The bow-adorned heel is such a cute, whimsical touch.
If you were experiencing the same swoon reaction from Isabel Marant's Fall 2012 collection, you'll be ecstatic to hear that you can shop the Parisian cool accessories collection (along with some of the clothing pieces) right now at Moda Operandi until March 15. We all know how fast Marant's shoes sell out, so here's your chance to preorder your must-have investment piece weeks ahead of scheduled delivery. Whether you're simply looking for eye candy or plan on dropping the big bucks for one of Isabel Marant's delectable shoes or bags, click the slideshow to get started. Which piece are you dreaming about?
To help boost its style cred, Esprit has once again tapped Gisele Bündchen for its latest ad campaign. This time, Gisele is modeling its March collection, wearing a colorful array of Spring-perfect pants, striped tops, and lightweight knits. Apparently, the supermodel has a love for bright colors: "What do you feel like when you see someone in the streets wearing bright colors? For me, I automatically think this person is fun," said Gisele. "In the summertime, you walk in the streets of New York and you see pops of orange, red, yellow, green — it's like sunshine." We couldn't agree more. Check out our top looks below, then click the slideshow to see more of Gisele Bündchen in Esprit's latest collection.
- We can't wait to wear this red semisheer sweater over neon tees and tanks for a bright layered look.
- Everyone needs a Spring trench coat. This one is perfectly tailored and lightweight enough for wearing over dresses.
- Instead of the usual navy-and-blue striped tee this season, we love the idea of a brighter rendition, like this pink-and-orange striped long-sleeve tee.
Great basics are key to a successful wardrobe, and to kick off the new season, we're supplying you with the ultimate Spring basics shopping list. They're versatile enough for every day and every season, but each has a modern update to keep it fresh. This season, we're jonesing for a whisper-thin cashmere sweatshirt, flattering white jeans, Converse Chucks in a cool gray hue, and Wayfarers in a cool blue hue. There's more where that came from; just click the slideshow to start shopping.
Floral prints are synonymous with Spring, but thanks to designers like Proenza Schouler, Prabal Gurung, and Peter Som, the once girlie patterns are exploding with more impact than ever before. Whether you lean on the more feminine side or prefer a bolder look, we culled 15 gorgeous blooms for you to add to your warm weather wardrobe. From cute floral printed shorts from Madewell to Citizens of Humanity's top-rated botanical skinny jeans, there's really something for everyone. Just click the slideshow to shop our editors' picks — all under $200 now.
Fashion Month might be over, but the amazing, inspirational street style just keeps on coming. To prove that point, we culled the top 100 street-style snaps from all of the cities — New York, Milan, Paris, and London — for you to check out in one tidy spot. From cool layered looks in New York to over-the-top ensembles in Milan, there are enough stylish looks to keep you occupied for seasons to come. Want to see who made it? Just click the slideshow to see the top 100 street-style snaps from Fashion Month now. Which look best represents your style profile?
The Spring runways proved that pastel hues aren't just for Easter egg hunts and tea time anymore. Whether it's lavender, candy pink, or mint green, we can't get enough of all the chic options currently sprouting up in stores. To prove that point, we styled up five amazing outfits, ranging from work appropriate looks to a romantic date night ensemble, for you to try out. First up, we're highlighting a casual-cool look by pairing a refreshing mint green cable-knit with printed skinnies and svelte high-heel sandals. The results? An effortless downtown Parisian girl aesthetic, kicked up a notch thanks to the boho-inspired tassel belt. Just click the slideshow to see four more fun pastel looks to try out now.
Now that we have all of your wrist candy options out of the way, it's time to focus on Spring's fresh batch of statement earrings. With designers like Prada, Oscar de la Renta, and Jil Sander showing an array of gorgeous renditions on the runway, we're predicting a major comeback for earrings. Our must-haves list includes tassels, bohemian danglers, pretty chandeliers, and standout studs. Want to see the complete breakdown? Read our quick styling tips below, then shop our top picks in the slideshow now.
- Oversized earrings make enough of a statement on their own so there's no need to finish your look with bracelets or rings.
- If your ears can't handle heavy earrings, stud options can make just as much of an impact. Just make sure to choose a pair with brilliant embellishments.
- We love the idea of pairing a boho-inspired set with a pair of tie-dye jeans and an embroidered jacket for a cool Parisian-inspired look.
Photo courtesy of Vogue Russia
Marni for H&M hits stores TOMORROW! We've been waiting on pins and needles for the Marni for H&M collection to release, and now the time has come. Check out the complete lookbook, featuring a wide range of dresses, coats, tops, and accessories made in Marni's signature quirky prints and colors. Our must-have pieces? We especially love the jacquard printed pantsuits and sleek two-toned leather top. The collection, priced from $20 for a statement bracelet to $129 for a printed coat, debuts in stores on March 8 — which piece will you be picking up?
For Paul & Joe's Fall 2012 collection, Sophie Albou showed a luxe menswear-inspired line filled with louche trousers, baggy overcoats, pajama suiting, and plenty of feminine touches to temper the mood. Wearability was key; cropped bomber coats were paired with skinny pants, oversized leopard-print trousers were styled with slouchy sweaters, and printed sheath dresses were tempered with long and lean tailored blazers. Meanwhile, a lineup of luxurious fur coats, sheer lace tops, and velvet separates added an opulent touch to every look. Basically, we'd like to get our hands on every piece. More details from the collection below.
- Trends: Baggy trousers, structured overcoats,
- Colors: Red, brown, green, black, gray, blue.
- Key Piece: We loved the baggy printed trousers and printed sequin tops.
- Accessories: Leather and metallic belts, oversized clutches, printed pumps, point-toe boots, cuff bracelets.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who crave effortless style like Elizabeth Olsen and Olivia Palermo.
Marc Jacobs pulled out all the stops for Louis Vuitton's Fall 2012 collection. The show kicked off with an actual custom-made train steamrolling its way onto the runway. When it came to a full stop, models stepped off (with cute little porters carrying their decadent LV luggage) wearing an array of ladylike silhouettes showcasing Marc Jacobs's signature whimsical touch. Similar to his namesake collection, Jacobs featured oversize silhouettes, but this time, with a more polished touch. Full structured skirts were styled over skinny trousers and fur-collared wool car coats were layered over printed dresses — all of which were styled with Jacobs's now signature oversize floppy hats. Opulent embellishments also came into play; dazzling jewels and ornate embroidery were adorned on an array of coats and suit sets. For evening wear, Jacobs closed out the show with a number of metallic-silver looks, highlighting slightly flared calf-length dresses paired with matching coats. More details from Louis Vuitton's magical collection below.
- Trends: Voluminous skirts, oversize coats, ornate embellishments, printed pantsuits.
- Colors: Black, camel, red, mustard yellow, blue, purple, green, silver.
- Key Piece: The jewel-embellished suits and coats immediately caught our eye..
- Accessories: Oversize floppy hats, square-toe platform oxfords and pumps, hair and monogrammed satchels, luggage bags.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who love whimsical ladylike looks, like front-row attendees Sarah Jessica Parker and Poppy Delevigne.
With SXSW kicking off this Friday, we can't help but to be inspired by Free People's signature festival style in its March catalog. The brand took us to a land far away, to the exotic lands of Vietnam to be exact, showing us the country's most iconic landmarks and, of course, an array of pretty bohemian pieces we'd like to add to our Spring wardrobe, stat. Colorful embroidered tops, ethereal tunics, and floral-print dresses are all on our must-haves list. What's on yours? Before you click through the slideshow, read below for our easy festival styling tips.
- Instead of the usual pair of denim cutoffs, opt for a colored or printed version to show off your fashion prowess. Complete the look with an embroidered top and comfy colored sandals, and you're set for a day of dancing in the sun.
- A dress is the easiest way to look put together without actually having to do any work. We love the vintage vibe of this cap-sleeve floral dress. Simply finish off the look with layered necklaces or bracelets.
- No one will be able to deny your cool bohemian in a floaty tunic, like this beautiful embroidered top and shorts combo.
In anticipation of warmer weather to come, we're beginning to replace our heavy Winter-wear with a refreshing batch of bright prints and lighter hues. That said, one of our biggest swaps is trading out our black blazer for a white one. Designers like Stella McCartney and Phillip Lim showed them on their Spring runways and we can't wait to get on board with the trend. Yes, it might be a little jarring to store away your tried and true black blazer, but believe us when we say you won't regret it. To prove that point, we're showing you five different ways to wear this gorgeous IRO Alessia Brushed-Crepe Blazer ($475). You can always find a more affordable option, but we love this particular one for its slight ivory hue and perfectly tailored shape. Ready to make the swap? Just click the slideshow to see and shop five fun ways to wear a white blazer for Spring.
Cosmopolitan hosted its Fun Fearless Men and Women of 2012 soiree at the Mandarin Oriental Ballroom in NYC last night, attended by a bevy of stylish celebs. Rose Byrne looked chic in a Chanel sheath and nude pumps, Dakota Fanning showed off her fashion-forward style in a light blue cutout dress by Miu Miu, and Freida Pinto dazzled in a strapless dress by Yves Saint Laurent. We love how every look shows off each of their unique personalities, but we want to know what you think. Which actress gets your best-dressed vote?
Vanessa Bruno's 2012 Fall collection was all about the cool girl, which will surely please fashion insiders like Alexa Chung and Hollywood darlings Rachel Bilson and Kate Bosworth. Just what did the French designer have in store? A heavy helping of patent-leather pants and skirts paired with her signature tailored blazers, jewel-tone silk lace dresses, and gorgeous metallic finishes on structured tops and cropped trousers. Slick and modern looks were further translated into leather-trimmed quilted jackets, sheer embellished dresses, and vibrant handbags. The latter highlighted a range of covetable sequined and bright floral-print satchels and clutches. More details from the collection below.
- Trends: Leather pants, sheer detailing, and statement outerwear.
- Colors: Black, gray, metallic green, purple, blue, and white.
- Key Piece: We loved the statement-making patent-leather trousers and long coats.
- Accessories: Printed satchel bags and clutches, black and white ankle and lace-up boots..
- Who Would Wear It: We can easily see Rachel Bilson and Kate Bosworth in the brand's Parisian-chic wares.
Pretty pastel hues popped up all over the Spring runways from designers such as Marc Jacobs, Oscar de la Renta, Miu Miu, and Lanvin. We love the feminine color palette – think lavender, mint green, candy pink, saturated coral, and sky blue — and all of the styling possibilities that come with it. That said, we culled the best candy-colored hues for you to add to your current wardrobe and right into Spring. Just read below for our quick styling tips, then click the slideshow to shop all of our delectable clothing and accessory picks.
- Pair pastel-hued jeans with a cozy gray sweater and black ankle boots for a perfectly weather-appropriate Winter look.
- Make a bold color statement by accessorizing an all-black ensemble with a minty green clutch or citron satchel.
- We love the idea of layering a lavender dress with a turtleneck, fuzzy vest, and ankle boots for a romantic bundled-up ensemble.
Photo courtesy of Vogue Japan